Interested in getting involved? Sharing your gifts and talents? Learning something new? Meeting new people?
“A gift opens doors; it gives access to the great.” Proverbs 18:16 (NRSV)
Morrisville United Methodist Church has a variety of teams to get you involved:
Audio/Visual Team (AV)
The AV Team supports the in-person and online Sunday Services thru video and audio productions services which are recorded live and can be accessed later to provide all people with spiritual education. Whether you are traveling, home-bound or have relocated; you can be connected with us!
Bible Study Groups
We have several small educational groups with varied days/times to fit various schedules. We use a variety of author and theologians study materials to provide a broad range of topics within our groups. For the busy adults, most of our groups are not homework centric studies, but rather discussion-based studies that foster reflective and honest dialogues. We currently offer: Sunday morning, weekday evenings, weekday afternoon, online zoom options also available.
Children’s Church and Sunday School
Spiritual education for children helps them live life fully! Our Children’s Church and Sunday School environment is encouraging, constructive, loving and fun!
Lift a joyful noise in praise to God. We meet weekly and prepare anthems for worship services. All levels of experience welcome, you do not need to be able to read music. We are a congenial group of singers/musicians that enjoy lifting our voices in song and sharing a bunch of laughs along the way.
Morrisville UMC’s Community Outreach is all about getting out into the community and beyond! Events include Relay for Life, Christmas parades, Kicks for Kids 5k, Wreaths Across America, Easter Egg Hunts, and so much more. At Morrisville UMC we hope to spread the love of Christ through an action-based ministry.
Fauquier Food Pantry
We recognize life can be a struggle at times. As part of community service support, our small congregation gives abundantly to a monthly collection food drive and delivers the food to the local Fauquier Food Pantry. The food pantry is a valuable resource for families going thru difficult times.
Mary Walter Elementary School Meal Program
The program supports 25 elementary school students during the school year who need extra support to alleviate food shortages they experience. During the Summer, the program provides multi-day meals to alleviate food insecurity experienced when the school meal programs are not active
Methodist Men’s group
Known for their outstanding breakfasts, this group of dedicated men meet, cook and fellowship to support the church, other Christian men and our congregation.
Methodist Youth Fellowship
Welcome to Methodist Youth Fellowship (MYF) at Morrisville UMC. We welcome all 6th through 12th graders to join us as we fellowship through fun activities, community service and fundraisers. We look forward to creating an environment that reflects open hearts, open minds, and open doors!
Additional Ministries – which feed our spirits and connect us with others
- Acolytes – This team performs ceremonial duties lighting the alter candles at the beginning of the service and extinguishes the candles at the end of service. Before the extinguishing of the last altar candles, the acolytes relight their “candle lighter” and then process out into the narthex (sanctuary main entrance). Ages appropriate with candle lighting and walking the main aisleway.
- Firewood Ministry – This team of hard-working folks solicit firewood donations, splits the wood into fireplace size logs, and distributes to community members in need.
- Sunday Service Greeters – This team meets and greets all attendees and hands out Sunday service bulletins. They are the warm and welcoming faces of our little church!
- Sunday Service Counters – This team is responsible for counting the offerings after the services and properly reporting the donations.
- Hospitality Ministry – Love to cook and bake? This team helps prepare meals for congregants needing meal support due to illness, or surgery, and they also help support funerals and special events held at the church.
- Garden Ministry – Do you have a “green thumb” and love to beautify our surroundings? Join this dedicated team in planting, growing and maintaining the church grounds.